www.flickr.com

Monday, May 05, 2008

Porridge Break


For those of you who can tell the difference between a spurtle and a soup spoon, you may like this weeks Scottish Blog Roundup lovingly crafted in the early hours of this morning, a few hours before the starter motor in the car finally gave up. The trip to the garage was the last time it cranked over. We will have to cough up a generous portion of our meagre employee allowance to our friendly local license to print money motor mechanics. Luckily they could do it this morning. The only up side is that I cannot get into work and back to pick up the kids, so a day at home is in order.

Ah can awa an mak ma porridge noo. Pass the Spurtle.

4 comments:

James Higham said...

Intriguing how adversity can bring out the Scottishness in a person. :)

Colin Campbell said...

I love to play to my stereotype James.

That said I was very thankful that I did not have to be in the office today, the weather was nice, public transport is passable....

I have the car back and I feel like a real carbon emitting human now.

Nunyaa said...

Well I have the answer to your transport problems Colin if ever the car breaks down again, you can borrow my convertible which I posted about but two minutes and I shall post your alternative transport :-)

Jayne said...

Just wave the spurtle at the car next time it plays up :P