www.flickr.com

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Iraqi Support Personnel Deserve a Fair Deal

Mr Eugenides highlights the good work of other bloggers in supporting a fair deal for Iraqi's who supported the UK Military Adventure in Iraq. It seems pretty obvious to me that you have to help these people out or many will be murdered, tortured or other nasty stuff will happen to them or their families. He also draws attention to others who don't see it that way.

More good summary stuff here.

I worked with South Vietnamese refugees in the Philippines and I could understand why they would want to leave. Although there were many opportunistic economic refugees, there were many whose lives had been ruined. The guys who took over when the Yanks left were none too pleased with the collaborators. Many of these Vietnamese were jailed and endured many years of deprivation and reeducation and continued to be deprived of many rights once released back into the community.

My judgement is that there will be a lot more violent summary judgement in southern Iraq once the Brits leave. Anybody who was associated with the UK will be a target for the rest of their lives.

If money is an issue, send the bill to Tony Blair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to be suggested this web site by means of my
cousin. I am now not certain whether this publish is written via him as nobody else understand such distinctive about my problem.
You're incredible! Thank you!

Also visit my page :: healthy diet plans