www.flickr.com

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Saltires Come Good

With the Cricket World Cup just around the corner, time to look at the rankings. Since England are at the bottom of the top eight one day teams in the current rankings, that leaves only Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Kenya between them and Scotland. Kenya and Scotland were top of the recently completed Division One Tournament in Kenya for the Associate Countries, the next tier behind the big guys. Another example of optimistic Scottish logic.

3 comments:

James Higham said...

I'll be optimistic once they send proud Edward's army home to think again. Remember the '45!

Bill Haydon said...

England came good again too! We've won a one-day series overseas for the first time in 15 years and beaten the Australians!! Unbelievable and done - as with the 05 Ashes - with the rain! Well done to the weather.

Colin Campbell said...

Allelujah Amen to that. As I mention in my latest blog posting it makes my transition to supporting the Australian Cricket Team, which my family are anticipating harder. Next up is the World Cup and the Saltires. I wonder what kind of odds you can get for them against Australia?