www.flickr.com

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

Philadelphia
The Inland North
The Midland
Boston
The South
The West
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes


Although I grew up in Scotland, I lived in the US for many years. People often have trouble picking my accent. Yesterday it was Irish. I am often taken for Canadian. My Yanqui influence has moderated since I am not around 'Mericans as much. Now that I am in Australia, my language influence has changed again. It is definitely not such a jarring transition as the one from Scotland to the US, when I made wholescale changes, just so that I wasn't pulled up and corrected. You say Tomayto I say Tomato.....

2 comments:

James Higham said...

I had the West or anywhere and was the common denominator with almost no accent. This last is closest to the truth.

Play said...

very nice blog, your ideas is very Uniqe thank you for sharing
keep going on.
satta king
satta bazar